8 Months Online
12 Months On-campus in US
12 – 15 hrs/week (Yr 1)
Jan 31, 2022
Apply for Upto 3 Years of OPT
600 - 650
QS World University Rankings 2022
About the Program
Blended programme which combines 8 Months online at IIIT Bangalore with 12 Months on-campus at Clark University, US, hence getting you best of both the worlds.
Study 8 Months online with IIITB and upGrad, 12 Months at Clark University, US
Student support available 09 AM to 09 PM IST via email or use the Call Back option on the platform to get a response within 2 working hours.
End-to-end counseling and visa support
upGrad team will help you with application to Clark University, US, securing confirmed offer letter & support with US visa application.
Dual certification - IIITB as well as Clark University
GRE Waiver for IIITB learners
In-built IELTS prep to be provided by upGrad
STEM programs leading upto 3 years of OPT
upGrad end to end support for applications and visa
World Class Faculty Members & Industry Experts
Dedicated Student Success Mentor
One-on-One with Industry Mentors
Career Essential Soft Skills Program
Top Skills You Will Learn
Statistics, Python Programming, Predictive Analytics using Python, Basic & Advanced SQL, Visualization using Python, EDA, Basic & Advanced Machine Learning Algorithms
IT consultant, Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst, BIAS, IT Manager and many more
Who is this course for?
Engineers (Freshers and with any experience), Software and IT Professionals, Product & E-commerce Folks, BFSI Professionals, Marketing and Sales Professionals, Managers or Executives at Manufacturing, Construction etc.
•A 4-year Undergraduate degree is preferred. However, if a learner has completed 3 years of Undergraduate, then the awarding University must be NAAC A or A+ (in the year 2019/2020/2021) and preferably from a Science background i.e. BCA/B.Sc/BIT. If an applicant is coming from any other stream (Business, Humanities etc) the applicant needs to have substantial work experience in relevant area.
• Applicants with 4 year bachelor’s degree need to have minimum 65% marks. Maximum backlogs (ATKTs) accepted will be 6
• Applicants with 3 year bachelor’s degree need to have minimum 58% marks. Maximum backlogs(ATKTs) accepted will be 4
• IELTS of 6.5 (corresponding score of TOEFL 85, Duolin
Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore
Complete all the courses in the programme successfully to receive Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore. It is India’s #1 Technical University (Private) as per the survey of India Today, 2021.
- Connect with a global network of accomplished upGrad and IIITB Alumni
- Upgrade to a widely recognised and valued Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science
- Network with Data Science professionals across all industry sectors
- Pre-Programme Preparatory Content (Year 1)
- Data Toolkit (Year 1)
- Machine Learning (Year 1)
- Course 3 (Year 1)
- Information Technology (Clark University) (Year 2)
- Cyber Security Concentration: (Choose Any 3) (Year 2)
- IT Leadership Concentration: (Choose Any 3) (Year 2)
- Data Analysis in Excel
- Analytics Problem Solving
- Tools Covered
- Introduction to Python
- Programming in Python
- Python for Data Science
- Visualisation in Python
- IMDb Movie Assignment
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Inferential Statistics
- Hypothesis Testing
- Data Analysis using SQL
- Credit EDA Case Study
- Tools Covered
- Introduction to Machine Learning and Linear Regression
- Linear Regression Assignment – Bike Sharing Systems
- Logistic Regression
- Unsupervised learning: Clustering
- Business Problem Solving
- Clustering Assignment
- Case Study: Lead Scoring
- Tools Covered
- Data Science Generalist – Advanced Machine Learning And Storytelling
- Natural Language Processing / Deep Learning – Machine Learning – II
- Business Intelligence – Sql And Nosql Databases
- Business Analytics – Advanced Machine Learning
- Data Engineering – Data Engineering – I
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Capstone Practicum
- IT Strategy Leadership
- Network Architecture and Design
- Security Architecture and Design
- Data Mining with Splunk
- Cyber Security Ethics: Technology, Society and Government
- Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Advanced Topics: Cyber Security (Capstone)
- Cyber Security Policy Development and Assessment
- Special Topics: Information Technology
- Enterprise Architecture Design
- CIO in Training
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- IT Project Management Fundamentals
- Special Topics: Information Technology
The upGrad Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you master Data Science
- Receive unparalleled guidance from industry mentors, teaching assistants and graders
- Receive one-on-one feedback on submissions and personalised feedbacks on improvement
Student Success Mentors
- Student support is available 7 days a week, 24*7
- You can write to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or for urgent queries use the ” Talk to Us” option on the learn platform.
- Timely doubt resolution by Industry experts and peers
- 100% Expert-verified responses to ensure quality learning
- Personalised expert feedback on assignments and projects
- Regular live sessions by experts to clarify concept related doubts
- Live sessions by experts on various industry topics
- One-on-one discussion and feedback sessions with industry mentors
Programme Fee – Indian Residents
Programme Fee – 2nd Year
Indicative Tuition Fees at Clark University – USD 16,800
Living cost per annum in US – USD 15,000 – 17,000
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MS in Information Technology with upGrad?
The MS in InformationTechnology is an engaging yet rigorous 8 months online and 12-month on-campus program designed for students to develop practical knowledge and skills, establish a professional network and accelerate entry into InformationTechnology careers. The student as part of this program will receive dual certification, an Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science from IIITB and Master degree from Clark University, US.
What should I expect from the MS in Information Technology?
You should expect to carry out several industry-relevant projects simulated as per the actual workplace, making you a skilled data science professional at par with leading industry standards. On completion of programme, you will have option to apply for OPT in US as well as get support from Clark University Career Services to build career in US.
Which topics are going to be covered as part of the programme?
The programme is designed for professionals with limited Information Technology experience to help them build their understanding from the basics to an advanced level. The programme covers tools such as Python, MySQL and Excel, as well as important Data Science concepts such as statistics and exploratory data analytics, regression, clustering, tree models, model selection and principal component analysis.
What type of learning experience should I expect?
The online learning experience will be a mix of interactive lectures from industry leaders as well as world-renowned faculty. Additionally, the program comprises live lectures dedicated to solving your academic queries and reinforcing learning. The on-campus learning experience will be in-class experience face-to-face with the faculty.
For queries, feedback & assistance
upGrad Learner Support
upGrad is India’s largest online higher education company, as per monthly visit data and total visits data for the last 28 days received from similarweb, as on April 13, 2020. Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B.