LL.M. in Intellectual Property & Technology Law
(Blended Learning Program) from India’s # 1 Law School**- Jindal Global Law School (JGLS)
Institute of Eminence (IoE)
University - A Grade
Mar 27, 2022
LL.B. Degree Mandatory
5 out of 6 Learners
Learn from JGLS - India's #1 Law School, as per the QS World University Ranking 2021
First-of-its-kind LL.M. through Blended Learning, for working professionals
Blended Learning Experiences
World Class Faculty Members & Industry Experts
World Class Faculty Members & Industry Experts
Dissertation and industry case studies
LL.M. Degree from JGLS
Triple alumni status from JGU, JGLS & upGrad
upGrad 360° Career Support - job fairs, mock interviews etc.
Networking Events with fellow legal professionals
Top Subjects You Will Learn
Who Is This Program For?
Executive PG Programme from IIIT Bangalore
Complete all the courses successfully to obtain this prestigious recognition from IIITB with a specialization in any of the following: Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Engineering
- Connect with a global network of accomplished IIITB Alumni
- Widely recognized and valued Executive PG Programme in Data Science
- Network with Data Science professionals across all industries
Joint Participation Certificate
India’s 1st EPGP Aligned to SSC
NASSCOM Competency Standards
Complete all the courses successfully to obtain this joint participation certificate from upGrad and FutureSkills NASSCOM
- India’s 1st Executive PGP aligned to competency standards developed by NASSCOM in collaboration with industry and approved by Government
- Only Executive PGP ensuring Job readiness in the industry since Day 1
- Legal Research Methodology
- Law and Justice in the Globalizing World
- Comparative Public Law
- Advanced IPR and IT Law
- Intellectual Property and New Technology, AI
- Music and Copyrights
- TRIPS and Public Health
- GDPR: A European Example of Data Protection Law
- Legal Research & Writing
- The Legal System: Foundations, Institutions & Processes
- Statutory Law & Interpretation
- Case Law & Precedents
- Judicial Public Policy Making: Common Law & Judicial Activism
- Research in a Law Firm: Due Diligence, Memos & Advices
- Globalisation and its Effects on the Development of International Commercial & Economic Law
- Challenges of Globalization to Law & Justice
- Formulation & Settlement of Transnational Norms & Practices
- Individual Rights vis-à-vis Free Market Principles & State Capitalism
Promoter-driven Company Ownership versus Dispersed Shareholding
Cross-border Investment & Investor Protection vis-à-vis State
Anti-corruption, Anti-bribery statutes & Governance norms
Rules for Gender Diversity & Inclusive Corporate Leadership
Corporate Scams and their Global Recessionary Impact
Corporate Criminal Liability & Human Rights
Justification, Subject-matter, and Overview of Intellectual Property Laws
Patent Law and the concern relating to Right to Health
Concerns of developing countries relating to International Transfer of Technology
Trademark Law and Issues relating to Trademark in Cyberspace: Trademark vs. Domain names, Domain name disputes, Cyber-squatting, typo-squatting, dilution, meta-tagging, linking
Copyright and Issues relating to Copyright in Cyberspace
Liability of Intermediaries under the IT Act
Jurisdictional Issues in Cyberspace
- Introduction to Intellectual Property in the Information Technology Age
- AI and IP
- Blockchain and IP
- Biotechnology and IP
- Other Areas such as 3d Printing, Virtual Reality, and IP
- The Way Forward for New Technologies and IP
- Originality and Joint Authorship in Musical works
- Economic Rights of the owner of Copyright holder (Mechanical Rights, Distribution Rights, Derivative Rights, Performance Rights)
- Non-Economic Rights (Moral Rights)
- Digitalisation of Music
- Infringement of Musical Works
Evolution of International IP Law and Policy in context of Global Public Health
Basics of International IP Regime including treaties, agreements (TRIPS, Doha Declaration, Paris Convention, Bilateral Investment Treaties) and international institutions (WTO, WIPO, WHO etc.)
IP-trade linkage issues (IP and International Economic law) and its impact on Global Public Health outcomes
Flexibilities within Intellectual Property globalization (Compulsory Licensing, Anti-evergreening Patentability Standards, etc.) as well as alternatives to the current framework (Open Science, Patent Pooling, Prizes etc.)
Role of IP laws in issues of Equitable Access and Social Justice that shape the current discourse as part of the wider debate about Global Public Health
- Data Protection Principles
- Rights of the Data Subject
Rights of the Data Subject
Controller and Processor
Transfers of Personal Data to Third Countries
Independent Supervisory Authorities
Remedies, Liability, and Penalties
The upGrad Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you master Data Science
Practical Learning and Networking
Industry Expert Guidance
- Interactive Live Sessions with leading industry experts covering curriculum + advanced topics
- Personalised Industry Session in small groups (of 10-12) with industry experts to augment program curriculum with customized industry based learning
- Student support is available 7 days a week, 24*7.
- You can write to us via email@example.com or for urgent queries use the ” Talk to Us” option on the learn platform.
Career Mentorship Sessions (1:1)
- Get mentored by an experienced industry expert and receive personalised feedback to achieve your desired outcome
High Performance Coaching (1:1)
- Get a dedicated career coach after the program to help track your career goals, coach you on your profile, and support you during your career transition journey
Networking & Learning Experience
- Live Discussion forum for peer to peer doubt resolution monitored by technical experts
- Peer to peer networking opportunities with a alumni pool of 10000+
- Lab walkthroughs of industry-driven projects
- Weekly real-time doubt clearing sessions
Industry Readiness Assessments
- Industry oriented tests which are prepared and validated by domain experts for continuous evaluation and improvement
Submit The Application Form
Review & Shortlisting of Suitable Candidates
Online entrance examination (JSAT-LAW) or other eligibility tests as mentioned above. Review and shortlisting of candidates on the basis of test, SoP, resume, and telephonic interview.
Shortlisted candidates receive offer letter.
Programme Fee – Indian Residents
₹ ₹ 3,50,000/- (incl. taxes)
EMI starting from just ₹ 9,479/- per month
JGLS Alumni Work at
Aspire to work at top law firms and corporates in India and around the world
JGLS program is full of diversity and inclusiveness. As an international student, I have received a lot of help from my teachers, faculty members and batch-mates. The most amazing thing about the program is that I came across many famous experts and listened to their sessions at close range. This experience has broadened my horizon.
Pursuing the LL.M. program with JGLS has been a thoroughly enriching experience for me, which has equipped me with a comprehensive understanding of Corporate and Finance laws from a global perspective. The well-structured curriculum focusing
The LL.M. program in Corporate and Financial Law and Policy with JGLS has been an enriching experience. The course is a perfect blend of academic discourses and practical exposure. The most distinctive feature of this course is its quality of faculty,
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this program for?
LL.M. in Corporate & Financial Law (Blended Learning) from Jindal Global Law School, powered by upGrad, is specifically designed for working law professionals who do not want to take time off from work but still wish to pursue a world-class LL.M. Program.
This program is designed for law professionals from the following background & career objectives:
Litigation Professionals – Get the opportunity to learn from JGLS, the No. 1 Law School in India and transition yourself into dream corporate roles, so as to enjoy a high pay scale, perks & facilities.
Professionals working in Corporate Law firms – Learn from the experience of world-class faculty members and industry experts to effectively handle the legal roles in top-notch corporate law firms in India and across the world.
Professionals working in Legal Dept. in Corporates – Work on simulated models of M&A transactions & other case studies, to gain experience in handling bigger roles in corporates.
Research related Professionals – Enhance your knowledge and skills by learning a variety of courses in the field of corporate law such as M&A transactions, private equity, commercial contract drafting & other niche courses
Fresh Law Graduates – Learn from the cutting edge curriculum and transition yourself into sophisticated, next-generation lawyers of tomorrow
Is there a minimum qualification for this program?
LL.B. Degree: Successful completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Law; 3/5 year graduates and final year candidates may apply.
Documents Submission: You need to submit the relevant documents, during the time of admission
What is the selection process?
The selection process is completely online. Following are the key steps in the application process:
- Step 1: Submit the application form
- Step 2: Online entrance examination (JSAT-LAW) or other eligibility tests as mentioned above. Review and shortlisting of candidates on the basis of test, SoP, resume, and telephonic interview.
- Step 3: Shortlisted candidates receive offer letter.
What are the Unique Features of this LL.M. Program ?
Cutting-edge curriculum developed by academics, industry professionals & regulators
Comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to the management and control of companies to achieve synergy of financial growth, health, and stability
Focus on legal, regulatory, and economic challenges faced by companies
Contemporary and cutting-edge corporate research opportunities through our core and specialized courses and webinars
Skill-based learning approach equips students to apply principles in the context of corporate and financial transactions
What are the Key Learnings from the this LL.M. Program ?
Critically analyze business opportunities, legal statutes and cases, and strategic business decisions
Understand the corporate legal environment procedures, taught by faculty members who have first-hand industry experience
Interpret, assimilate, and draft commercial contracts
Identify key issues in M&A, due diligence and risk assessment of corporate transactions
Review foreign investment laws, compare and contrast them with Indian investment laws, and analyse different investment strategies
Negotiate and draft key corporate transaction documents such as due diligence reports and terms sheets
Practice before specialized regulatory bodies such as the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Competition Commission of India and the National Company Law Tribunals
For queries, feedback & assistance
upGrad Learner Support
upGrad is India’s largest online higher education company, as per monthly visit data and total visits data for the last 28 days received from similarweb, as on April 13, 2020. Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B.