Recommended 6-8 hrs/week
To Be Decided
Batch Start Date
Awesome! Just a few more details
We’ll be using this information for your application
Collaborate with an International Learner Base
Be a part of the learning experience with senior professionals from global organizations and regions.
Student support available 09 AM to 09 PM IST via email or use the Call Back option on the platform to get a response within 2 working hours
Industry Expert Led Learning
Enjoy Industry Led Learning with Design Sprints and Live Sessions with Global Experts. Learn how to manage external disruption for improved business performance
Certification from Duke CE
Global Faculty and Instructors
Timely Doubt Resolution and Discussion Forums
Hands-on Case Studies
Networking with International Learner Base
Learn while you Earn through 100% Online Format
Virtual Studio Experience and Design Tools
Support available all days 9 AM - 9 PM IST for queries
Design as a Culture, Identifying user needs to define the client challenge, Extracting Ideas and narrow down to a solution, Creating a prototype of the solution to test, Testing the prototype with users, Creating a Scalable Solution after MVP Validation
Build business plans/service design through research, product roadmapping and innovating existing practices
Who is this Programme for?
Top-line Innovation Management professionals, Product Specialists, Designers, Business and Social Entrepreneurs, Product and Marketing Managers
Valid Bachelor’s Degree
The upgrade Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you master Data Science
- Duke CE, the Corporate Education firm of Duke University
- Access to Duke CE Digital Library
- Get the latest updates about innovation from Global Leaders
The upGrad Advantage
Strong hand-holding with dedicated support to help you master Data Science
- Industry mentors, teaching assistants and graders help you along the way to resolve any subject matter related queries
- They grade your assignments and share one-on-one feedback
- Available all days 9 AM – 9 PM IST.
- For urgent queries, use the Call Back option on the platform.
- Timely doubt resolution by industry experts and peers
- 100% expert verified responses to ensure quality learning
- Personalized expert feedback on assignments and projects
- Regular live sessions by experts to clarify concept-related doubts
- Learning sessions with industry experts
- Interaction with peers and group activities/assignments
- Live sessions by industry experts
- One-on-one discussions and mentoring from industry experts
Our Learners Work At
Top companies from all around the world have recruited upGrad alumni
Program Fee – Indian Residents
Rs. 1,50,000 + GST
No Cost EMI Options Available
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time commitment expected for this program?
Devoting 6-8 hours per week will be enough to get you through the program. The more time you devote, the greater will be your learning from the program.
Is there any certification granted at the end of the Design Thinking Program?
Yes, post successful completion of this online program, you will earn a certificate issued by Duke Corporate Education, certifying you as an Industry ready for Design Thinking.
Is there any minimum educational qualification required to take this Duke's Design Thinking Certification Program?
Bachelors degree with preferably at least 3 years of experience.
Is there any deferral or refund policy for this Program?
Refund Policy: (Programs without prep-session component)
- The student must pay applicable caution money for the enrollment of the course. This will be adjustable against the total course fee payable by the student.
- You can claim a refund for the fee paid at any time before the cohort start date by sending an email request to your Student Mentor and Admissions Counselor with reasons listed. There shall be no refund applicable once the program has started. This is applicable even for those students who could not complete their payment, and could not be enrolled in the batch opted for. However, the student can avail pre-deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
- Once the student pays block amount, “any” refund shall be subject to deduction of ₹10,000 processing charges.
- The student has to pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of caution money or cohort start date, whichever is earlier, otherwise, the admission letter will be rescinded and processing fee of ₹10,000 will be levied.
- Refund shall be processed to an eligible student within 30 working days from the date of receipt of a written application from him/her in this regard.
Deferral Policy: (Post Program Commencement)
- If a student is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
- A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the start date of the initial batch in which the student was originally enrolled.
- The student will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of the total course amount fee + Taxes if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts.
- The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
- Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- The student has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee post which the deferral request will expire, and the student will continue as part of the current cohort.
- If the student completes the deferral payment, the student’s login will be disabled, the student will leave the deferred cohort and the student will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress until that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort. For clarification, the grades of the graded assignments will be carried forward, whether or not the student had submitted these grading during the initial stage.
- The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the student has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
Deferral Policy: (Pre Program Commencement)
- If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances, is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the cohort starts, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another cohort.
- To do so, the student will be required to pay 50% of the total Program fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- A student can request for deferral to any of the cohorts starting in the next 3 months from the start date of the initial batch in which the student was originally enrolled. For the first deferral request, subject to the point no. 2 of the Pre-Program Deferral Policy, no additional charges shall be levied.
- If a student wants to defer his enrolment a second time, such student will have to make an additional payment of Rs.10,000 as Deferral fee, and this amount shall be non-refundable under any circumstances. Once this payment is done, students will be eligible to defer to any of the cohorts starting in the next 3 months from the current cohort.
- The student has time till the current cohort launch date to make the payment of the balance 50% Program fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and if such a student wants to withdraw his or her enrolment from the said Program, the refund policy will be applicable.
- The student shall be liable to pay the differential Program fees between the two cohorts if any.
For queries, feedback & assistance
upGrad Learner Support
upGrad is India’s largest online higher education company, as per monthly visit data and total visits data for the last 28 days received from similarweb, as on April 13, 2020. Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B.